OOtMu2mxp3X18OWcd5a5RLNOWbI

Monday, April 1, 2013

The art of self-irony

I would recommend a big daily dose of self-irony to anyone all around the world. Being ironic towards yourself is not only fun for people around you but it brings joy to you as well. 

An article on MoreMeditation.com called 'Humor, Health and Self-Irony', says '...you should take yourself lightly. Look at things in a  bigger perspective. Humor is the essence of living light'It is as simple as that. 

What inspired me to write this post is the famous Korean music star Psy. I fell in love with his personality from the first view of the Gangnam video. I don't want to sound trivial but there is something special about this artist. The thing about him that  fascinated me the most is the self-irony that Psy has mastered to perfection. 

When I first watched the Gangnam Style clip, I thought this was just one of these dance songs that sound boring and tedious. And then I saw this Korean dude with two pretty girls around him and a fake snow and wind that is almost blowing them away...and all the other things in the video afterwards that just made me laugh to tears!

Later I watched interviews with Psy to discover he actually seems quite modest, with a great sense of humor and self-irony which made me admire him. For some reason this person is so not like the 'stars' we know. There are so few things nowadays to make a person smile. Thank you, Psy!

Image: china.org.cn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think.