OOtMu2mxp3X18OWcd5a5RLNOWbI

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Drop the Fear, Show Your Art!

I have spent a long time wondering if I should put my pictures and drawings here. I was thinking it is not a good idea because I`m not a professional and I`ll probably get criticized. My other consideration was that by showing your artwork, it`s like you are totally exposing your soul and feelings to everyone. And this seemed very scary. But my desire to draw and take pictures of every beautiful thing I see never left me. So, at some point I was withdrawn in a circle of my own contradictions, which made me angry and desperate at the same time.

One day I just decided it was time to solve this situation, so I had a little ' conversation' with my inner self. I had this problem that I was thinking what will happen in advance and how I might be hurt by others opinions. Then I realized that not working actively in the field of art for these reasons was just amazingly silly! Basically I was not expressing myself because of my fear. After reaching to this conclusion I was amazed because I always thought I`m a brave person and I like challenges. So, I`ve decided to fight with the toughest opponent: my own self. 

I started making a research on drawing and photography to find some basic facts that will help me. I went to various exhibitions and expositions just to discover that my ideas was actually quite good and that if I work hard enough I`ll be able to create some beautiful works. Just making this first step made me more confident and unafraid of showing my own art. Yes, it might not be the best of the best artwork in the world but it is mine, it is unique and it brings a beauty of its own. 

P.S. This song is for all the people who felt the same way I did! Have faith and know you are awesome!


1 comment:

  1. This is a very good message. It's very true indeed that people tend to back off due to lack of self confidence. All you need is to know that you can do it, if you trust in yourself.

    bohol tours

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think.